While the monsoon season may be your favorite time of year, the wooden furniture in your house or business can suffer significant damage.
During monsoon season, wooden furniture is most severely damaged. Hence, to prevent damage, here are some of the most excellent house maintenance advice to remember:
1. Get the furniture out of the way of the balcony doors and windows.
Move couches and tables away from windows and doorways to avoid getting wet in a sudden downpour. Use slipcovers for couches and other wooden furniture to shield them from moisture and fix window frames to prevent leaks.
2. Make sure there is space between the furniture and the outside walls.
Pull cabinets against outside walls forward so they are not in touch with the walls. Continuous rain can cause walls to get wet, and if that moisture is transported to the furniture, it might harm the items.
3. Never sit on furniture while wearing damp clothing.
You should avoid sitting on your furniture while wearing damp clothing since the wood will absorb moisture and discolor the surface. Also, avoid hanging damp towels or raincoats on a couch or chair’s back.
4. Reduce the dampness within.
Fans or air conditioners help keep the interior air cool, dry, and fresh while preventing the buildup of too much humidity. High atmospheric moisture levels will negatively impact wood.
Indoor plants that are excellent natural regulators of atmospheric moisture, such as peace lilies or snake plants, may also be used to decorate your house.
5. Using a dry microfiber towel, clean the furniture.
Several individuals make the error of dusting the wood with a moist cloth. To avoid damaging the surface finish, always use a dry microfiber cloth rather than a moist one.
6. Repair the completion before the monsoon season.
Before the monsoon arrives is the ideal time to reapply wax or shine to your hardwood furniture since varnish does not distribute effectively in humid environments. Throughout the monsoons, a layer of wax will shield the surface and maintain its condition.
Melamine polish comes in matte and glossy finishes and is applied using a sprayer. It serves as a waterproof protector for furniture over an extended length of time.
7. Fill the cabinets and drawers with some moisture absorbers.
Place a little sachet of silica gel or a few naphthalene balls in your closets to prevent cabinets and drawers from collecting the increased amounts of moisture during the rainy season.
Moreover, moisture may enter your furniture through cracks or unprotected surfaces, swelling the wood. Thus, be sure to wax and adequately seal any cracks.
How do you maintain your furniture’s dryness after rain?
You can follow these guidelines to keep your hardwood furnishings dry if precipitation damages them.
- Maintain your furnishings outside your home in the sun and give them access to fresh air.
- With a dry, clean cloth, wipe any wetness from the furniture.
- To ensure a thorough drying, take the drawers out of the furniture and leave the closet or wardrobe door open.
- To thoroughly dry the water that is still present in the furniture corner, enlist the aid of a vacuum.
- In addition to keeping upholstered furniture in the sun, you may also apply baking soda to eliminate odors.
- Wash the couch covers and keep them in the sunlight and open air to dry and eliminate the musty smell.
Hardwood furniture gives a room great character and, with proper care, may survive for many years. With this invaluable advice, you can take good care of your furniture. If you want to rent chairs or buy tablet you can visit our website.
Also Read Interesting Articles At: The Diabs.